LEAN (Increase Fat Burning)
High Quality Plant-Sourced Naturally Occurring Fatty Acid (found primarily in meat and ruminant animal milk) Scientifically Shown to Improve Lean Body Composition.
Proven Nutrition’s LEAN contains ultra-high purity Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) powder convenient for blending into smoothies and juices. When used daily, the active ingredient in LEAN has been scientifically shown to:
- Increase fat burning
- Preserve muscle tissue
- Improve insulin response and blood glucose levels
CLA supplementation has been scientifically shown to benefit lean body composition and blood glucose levels by the follow mechanisms:
- CLA increases insulin sensitivity, thereby reducing blood glucose.
- CLA stimulates the liver to increase fat burning.
- CLA inhibits enzymes responsible for synthesizing fat for storage.
- CLA increases metabolism by stimulating metabolic enzymes.
- CLA stimulates the release of fat from fat cells to be burned for energy.
Interestingly, research is finding new benefits to CLA supplementation including reduced inflammation, reduced tumor formation and potent anti-diabetic activity.
CLA supplementation may be particularly important for those on a limited or no-meat or dairy diet (Vegetarian and Vegan) since CLA must be obtained from your diet and the primary dietary source of CLA is from milk and meat.
Serving Size: 2.5 g
Ingredients: High Purity Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) Powder
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin and Silicon Dioxide for mixability
Directions for daily use: Blend or Mix 1/2 Scoop (2.5 g) With Your Favorite Smoothie, Juice or Protein Drink.
Published Research References Supporting the Ingredients in LEAN
- “Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat mass in overweight and obese humans.”, J Nutr., (2000) 130(12):2943-8
- “Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation for twelve weeks increases lean body mass in obese humans.”, J Nutr., (2007) 137(5):1188-93
- “Six months supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid induces regional-specific fat mass decreases in overweight and obese.”, Br J Nutr., (2007) 97(3):550-60
- “Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation alters the 6-mo change in fat oxidation during sleep.”, Am J Clin Nutr., (2007) 86(3):797-804
- “Effect of a conjugated linoleic acid and omega-3 fatty acid mixture on body composition and adiponectin.”, Obesity (Silver Spring)., (2008) 16(5):1019-24
- “The biologically active isomers of conjugated linoleic acid.”, Prog Lipid Res., (2001) 40(4):283-98
- “Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) prevents body fat accumulation and weight gain in an animal model.”, J Food Sci., (2007) 72(8):S612-7
- “Moderate doses of conjugated linoleic acid isomers mix contribute to lowering body fat content maintaining insulin sensitivity and a noninflammatory pattern in adipose tissue in mice.”, J Nutr Biochem., (2010) 21(2):107-15