CORE: All-Natural Refreshment and Health
A 40-calorie all-natural, daily-use, great tasting nutritional drink mix for total-body health and any-time refreshment packaged in 100% biodegradable, minimal material, pouch packages!
Proven Nutrition CORE is a new era in drink mixes that does not include any artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors or stimulants. The flavor (and color) in CORE is from all-natural blueberry powder that was microdried to preserve the numerous superfood nutritional benefits that blueberries offer.
The ingredients in CORE are designed for everyday nutrition, health and refreshment for everyone (kids like drinking CORE too!).
For individual health needs, Proven Nutrition offers these high-quality add-ons to CORE:
Our refreshing CORE drink mix formula contains science-backed ingredients for:
- Sustained non-stimulant energy and focus.
- Isomaltulose (8 g per serving): A slow digesting natural carbohydrate steady energy source
- Low-glycemic index of 32 non-stimulant, natural carbohydrate for sustained mental focus and physical energy.
- Scientifically shown to increase utilization of fat stores for energy and burn fat more effectively.
- Organic Cane Sugar (2 g per serving): A minimal amount of rapid digesting sugars.
- 2 g (8 calories) of simple sugars provide an immediate source of energy without excessive calories or a sugar crash.
- Research suggests a small amount of natural sugar in a low calorie drink can inhibit cravings for sugar and help eliminate sugar “binges”.
- Small amounts of simple sugars when combined with slow-digesting carbs (Isomaltulose) and Amino Acids (Leucine, Glutamine) do not appear to significantly spike blood sugar and the combination of simple sugars + leucine may actually lower blood sugar levels.
- Natural refreshment and hydration.
- Dehydrated Raw Coconut Water and Sea Salt for Electrolytes.
- Critical amino acids for muscle, immune system and cardiovascular maintenance.
- Citrulline Malate: A naturally occurring amino acid found in food such as watermelon.
- Promotes blood flow and reduces blood pressure.
- Improves the removal of toxins in the muscles after exercise which improves recovery and reduces muscle soreness.
- Increased nutrient and oxygen delivery to muscles which improves endurance and reduces fatigue.
- Improves the quality of erections in cases of mild-erectile dysfunction.
- L-Glutamine: A critical natural amino acid needed during times of exercise and stress.
- Helps repair muscle tissue.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Aids in digestion.
- Leucine: An essential amino acid that cannot be made by your body and must be obtained from your diet.
- The most important branched chain amino acid (BCAA) for muscle repair and maintenance.
- Preserves muscle while on a reduced calorie diet.
- Particularly important for vegetarians and vegans without meat sources of leucine in their diet.
- A natural ancient Ayurvedic herb (Cissus Quadrangularis) shown to heal and maintain joint and bone health.
- Cissus Quadrangularis is a plant used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to repair damaged joints and bones.
- Several scientific studies show faster healing of joints and bones with Cissus Quadrangularis supplementation.
- Cissus Quadrangularis supplementation has been shown to reduce joint pain and inflammation.
- Cissus Quadrangularis supplementation has been shown to reduce blood sugar and improve insulin response.
- Obese individuals supplementing with Cissus Quadrangularis show increased reduction in body fat when compared to a placebo group.
Use CORE to hydrate when you wake up, before or after a workout, throughout your workday, or any time you need non-stimulant energy, refreshment, recovery and focus!
Serving Size: 20 g
Total Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Low-Glycemic Carbs: 8 g
- Sugars: 2 g
Sodium: 39 mg
Potassium: 56 mg
CORE Blend: Isomaltulose, Citrulline Malate, Glutamine, Cissus Quadrangularis, Leucine
Other Ingredients: Organic Cane Sugar (2 g), Microdried Blueberries, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Monk Fruit Extract, Fruit and Vegetable Juice Blend, Stevia
Directions for Daily Use: Mix 4 scoops (20 g) into 8-16 oz. of water, tea, or other favorite liquid. (Great when combined with our CREA-HCL, BETA, D-AA formulas!)
Published Research References Supporting the Ingredients in CORE
- “Isomaltulose (Palatinose): a review of biological and toxicological studies.”, Food Chem. Toxicol., (2002) 40(10):1375-81
- “Postprandial substrate use in overweight subjects with the metabolic syndrome after isomaltulose (Palatinose) ingestion.”, Nutrition, (2013) 28:651-656
- “Effects of a palatinose-based liquid diet (Inslow) on glycemic control and the second-meal effect in healthy men.”, Met. Clin. and Exper., (2007) 56:115-121
- “Gain weight by going diet? Artificial sweeteners and the neurobiology of sugar cravings.”, YJBM, (2010) 83:101-108
- “Sucrose activates human taste pathways differently from artificial sweetener.”, NeuroImage, (2008) 39:1559–1569
- “Leucine, when ingested with glucose, synergistically stimulates insulin secretion and lowers blood glucose.”, Metabolism, (2008) 57(12):1747-52
- “Oral L-citrulline supplementation attenuates blood pressure response to cold pressor test in young men.”, Am. J. Hypertens., (2010) 23(1):12-16
- “Almost all about citrulline in mammals.”, Amino Acids, (2005) 29(3):177-205
- “Oral L-Citrulline Supplementation Improves Erection Hardness in Men With Mild Erectile Dysfunction.”, Urology, (2011) 77(1):119-122
- “Glutamine, exercise and immune function. Links and possible mechanisms.”, Sports Med., (1998) 26(3):177-91
- “Glutamine supplementation further enhances exercise-induced plasma IL-6.”, J. Appl. Physiol., (2003) 95(1):145-8
- “Enteral glutamine stimulates protein synthesis and decreases ubiquitin mRNA level in human gut mucosa.”, Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol., (2003) 285(2):G266-73
- “Glutamine protects against increases in blood ammonia in football players in an exercise intensity-dependent way.”, Br. J. Sports Med., (2008) 42:260-266
- “Plasma amino acid concentrations in the overtraining syndrome: possible effects on the immune system.” Med. Sci. Sports Exerc., (1992) 24(12):1353-8
- “Regulation of protein synthesis by branched-chain amino acids.”, Curr. Opin. Clin. Nutr. Metab. Care. (2001) 4(1):39-43.
- “Nutritional Strategies for the Preservation of Fat Free Mass at High Altitude.”, Nutrients, (2014) 6:665-681
- “Nutritional regulation of muscle protein synthesis with resistance exercise: strategies to enhance
anabolism.”, Nutrition & Metabolism, (2012) 9:40
- “Potential antiproteolytic effects of L-leucine: observations of in vitro and in vivo studies.”, Nutrition & Metabolism, (2008) 5:20
- “Daily L-leucine supplementation in novice trainees during a 12-week weight training program.”, Int. J. Sports Physiol. Perform., (2011) 6(1):38-50
- “Leucine supplementation and intensive training.”, Sports Med., (1999) 27(6):34758
- “Effect of Majja Basti (therapeutic enema) and Asthi Shrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis) in the management of Osteoporosis (Asthi-Majjakshaya).”, Ayu., (2012) 33(1): 110–11
- “Safety assessment of Cissus quadrangularis extract (CQR-300): subchronic toxicity and mutagenicity studies.”, Food Chem. Toxicol., (2011) 49(12):3343-57
- “Cissus quadrangularis stem alleviates insulin resistance, oxidative injury and fatty liver disease in rats fed high fat plus fructose diet.”, Food Chem. Toxicol., (2010) 48(8-9):2021-9
- “The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.”, Lipids in Health and Disease, (2006) 5:24
- “Clinical evaluation of cissus quadrangularis and moringa oleifera and osteoseal as osteogenic agents in mandibular fracture.”, Natl. J. Maxillofac. Surg., (2011) 2(2):132-6
- “Evaluation of Cissus quadrangularis extracts as an inhibitor of COX, 5-LOX, and proinflammatory mediators.”, J. Ethnopharmacol., (2012) 141(3):989-96