High Quality Naturally Occurring Amino Acid (found in watermelon, onions, liver) Scientifically Shown to Increase Blood Flow and Reduce Blood Pressure.
Proven Nutrition’s CITRULLINE contains ultra-high purity L-Citrulline Malate that improves absorption and efficacy. When used daily, the active ingredient in CITRULLINE has been scientifically shown to:
- Improve Circulation ― Increase Blood flow and Lower Blood Pressure
- Reduces Fatigue
- Improve Physical Endurance
- Improve Muscle Recovery and Reduce Muscle Soreness
- Alleviate Symptoms of Mild Erectile Dysfunction
Great Add-Ons to CITRULLINE:
- CORE: All-Natural Drink Mix for Every-Day Health and Refreshment
- BETA: For added Exercise Endurance and Recovery
- D-AA: All Natural Nutritional Support for Male Hormones
- HEAL: Maintain Healthy Joints and Reduce Inflammation
- CREA-HCL: Ultra-High Purity Creatine Without Bloating
L-Citrulline supplementation has been scientifically shown to benefit cardiovascular health, exercise endurance and muscle recovery by the follow mechanisms:
- L-Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine by the kidneys.
- L-Arginine is then utilized by the body to produce nitric oxide.
- Nitric Oxide relaxes smooth muscles around the blood vessels which increases blood flow.
- Increased blood flow produced by L-Citrulline supplementation has several health benefits.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Increased nutrient and oxygen delivery to muscles which improves endurance and reduces fatigue.
- Improves the removal of toxins in the muscles after exercise which improves recovery and reduces muscle soreness.
- Improves the quality of erections in cases of mild-erectile dysfunction.
L-Citrulline supplementation may be particularly important for those with cardiovascular conditions who want to maintain physical activity and reduce blood pressure.
Serving Size: 2.5 g
Ingredients: High Purity L-Citrulline Malate
Other Ingredients: NONE
Directions for Daily Use: Mix 1/2 Scoop (2.5 g) with Your Favorite Drink. (Great additive to our BETA and CREA-HCL formulas!)
Published Research References Supporting the Ingredients in CITRULLINE
- “Oral L-citrulline supplementation attenuates blood pressure response to cold pressor test in young men.”, Am. J. Hypertens., (2010) 23(1):12-16
- “Almost all about citrulline in mammals.”, Amino Acids, (2005) 29(3):177-205
- “Manipulation of citrulline availability in humans.”, Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol., (2007) 293(5):G1061-7
- “Dose-ranging effects of citrulline administration on plasma amino acids and hormonal patterns in healthy subjects: the Citrudose pharmacokinetic study.”, Br J Nutr. (2008) 99(4):855-62
- “L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise.”, Eur J Appl Physiol., (2010) 110(2):341-51
- “Short-term effects of L-citrulline supplementation on arterial stiffness in middle-aged men.”, Int J Cardiol., (2012) 155(2):257-61
- “Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle.”, Br J Sports Med., (2002) 36(4):282-9
- “Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness.”, J Strength Cond Res., (2010) 24(5):1215-22
- “Activity of citrulline malate on acid-base balance and blood ammonia and amino acid levels. Study in the animal and in man.”, Arzneimittelforschung., (1991) 41(6):660-3
- “Oral L-Citrulline Supplementation Improves Erection Hardness in Men With Mild Erectile Dysfunction.”, Urology, (2011) 77(1):119-122